6 Union Ave.
Old Orchard Beach, Maine 04064
Surf & Stay!!! That’s our slogan, but we also like to say “Stay & Relax!”
We are only 10 steps to the sand; truly Beach Front Lodging in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Come visit us, and see why for decades families have re-booked with us!
We have it all!
- Rooms/Camps to rent (very simple settings).
- Surfboards, Paddleboards, Booties, Gloves and Wetsuits to rent or buy.
- We have all your favorite brands in our surf shop; (Common Apparel, Rhythm, Bic, Hurley, Quicksilver, Volcom, O’Neill, BoardofMaine, Fox, McTavish, Santa Cruz, Billabong, Yogavive, Pure Pops, Hyperflex, Poof, Rainbow Sandals, Designs by SATRIPP & much more.)
- We also take surfboards on consignment and have used surfboards for sale.
- We support local & small artisans, and have many offering their goods in our Shop.
The Ocean Tripp Inn & MOCEAN SURF SHOP is owned by the Tripp Family. In 1998 Barry & Sherri Tripp purchased THE OCEAN ROCK HOTEL and renamed & updated the establishment. At our establishment you will enjoy, 7 miles of sandy beach, views of the lighthouse, the Pier, a huge ocean rock to explore, surfing, boogie boarding, beach volleyball and so much more that Old Orchard Beach has to offer. The Ocean Tripp Inn was built in the 1890s and has been providing family, beach enjoyment for over a century. We are kid friendly, surfer friendly and we are a SMOKE FREE establishment (no smoking, inside or outside).
ABOUT THE OWNERS:
Barry Tripp was raised on the coast of Florida, where he began surfing at the age of 5 and moved to Maine in the early 90s to snowboard, surf and raise his family. Although he has a degree in Journalism and Environmental Technology, Barry has been coaching professional surfing, snowboarding and volleyball for decades. Barry travels the country throughout the winter with his snowboarding team.
Sherri Tripp was born and raised in Vinalhaven, Maine, an island off the coast of Rockland/Camden. Prior to owning the Inn, Sherri was a software consultant/engineer for technology start-ups during the .COM era. In the early 2000s, she was finally able to retire and run The Ocean Tripp Inn full time. Sherri is also a jewelry artist, enjoys snowboarding and is a certified yoga, Pilates and fitness professional. Sherri lives at Sugarloaf in the winter months.
Jasper Tripp was born in Maine and attended Carrabassett Valley Academy. Jasper has been surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding for over 16 years and is now attending college in California. Jasper is one of our premier surfing instructors and helps manage the surf shop.